Re: Getting amd64 stretch netinstall to work.

Gene Heskett composed on 2019-04-04 15:38 (UTC-0400):
> Not with this math crippled bios bearing a 2006 copyright. It MUST be
> wholly within the first couple hundred megabytes of the beginning of the
> disk or it can't find it, and it is the most recent bios available for
> an Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe motherboard, version 1701....

You have my sympathy for having made that choice - it has an nForce chipset. :~(

Yours: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/M2NSLI_Deluxe/

Check out the similarity to mine (Intel LGA775):
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/P5B_Deluxe/

They date to the same year, 20+ BIOS versions on downloads page for mine, starting
in 2006-07, while yours has fewer total but newer "latest", beginning in 2006-08.
Your 1701 is 2009-03-02, with 2 newer "beta" versions available. I use the latest
"beta" for mine, 2009-02-11, am thinking about reverting to latest non-beta,
2007-04-04.

Mine has so many features it seems like an eternity between the time POST
completes its cleanup and Grub shows up on screen. Never have I seen any other PC
reliably take *so* long. Its master /boot partition begins @282.4MB, ends @682.5.
I need to try moving it to the front sometime when I have nothing better to do to
see if it makes a difference, if the BIOS revert doesn't help.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/