Re: 'synaptic' removed from buster

On Thu, 04 Apr 2019 09:20:51 -0300
Francisco M Neto <fmneto@fmneto.com.br> wrote:

Hello Francisco,

>	What is the problem between Synaptic and Gnome? I've been using

To add to what Curt and Reco have said:  Running Synaptic using a
Wayland/Gnome combo,by clicking on an icon, it doesn't start.  Not very
helpful, I think you'll agree. Especially for software that's aimed
squarely at GUI users.  Started from a shell an error is, however,
reported.  It's unfortunate that, as yet, a remedy has not been
forthcoming.

I would hope that if somebody does come up with a fix, Synaptic would be
reintroduced to Buster quickly.

Of course, anybody that already has Synaptic installed won't lose it,
it'll simply be marked as 'local/obsolete'.  Only if/when its remaining
installed causes a conflict somewhere, will Synaptic be considered for
removal.

Full bug report thread starts here:
It's not overly long, nor too technical - by which I mean: *I* understood
it, so it can't be that hard.   :-)

--
 Regards  _
White people going to school, where they teach you to be thick