Re: Grrrrr, howinhell do I stop the 3 minutes of inactivity shutdown of a new stretch install?

On 4/3/19 11:00 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
Now I have an even bigger problem.

I have gone thru the netinstall of 9.8.0 at least 5 times. 1st time
failed for unk reasons, but would not reboot.  2nd time I let the
partitioner have its way on a 2T drive wiith a separate /home, so it
gave / 30GB and and about 17 gb to swap, the rest to /home.  That
rebooted, but 30GB for / is about 100GB too small by the time I move my
data.  So the next 3 times I've manually given / 500 GB, some swap, and
the rest as /home. Won't boot, does not even look at the drive, just
sits there forever with a blinking cursor.
So just how the heck  am I supposed to install stretch on a 2T drive?

Seems like a heck of a good question people...

Answer: don't install Stretch onto a 2 TB drive -- install Stretch onto a small SSD or USB flash drive. (SSD's are better for interactive use.) Choose manual partitioning in the Debian installer, erase all existing partitions, create a new partition table (will be MBR), create a 1 GB partition and set it for btrfs and /boot, create a 1 GB partition and set it for encrypted swap, and create a 10 GB partition and set it for encrypted btrfs root. Now you can move that image between any 16+ GB device; it will fit and it will boot in many computers.

Use the 2 TB drive for bulk data.

David