Re: Systemic Debian bug -- was [Re: BUSTER install - CATCH-22]

On 2019-04-03, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:

> I was going to document here the work-a-round I successfully used
> yesterday to install desired additional packages.

There's a bug report concerning this from 2014.

In that thread our very own Brian P. states:

 It would appear that on Wheezy it is necessary for '--no-auto-detect'
 to be added to the apt-cdrom command to get sources.list written to.

 On Jessie 'sudo apt-cdrom -d /media/usb0 add' works with or without
 this option.

I guess the above holds true for Stretch and Buster, buster (but it's only a
guess)?

--
“Let us again pretend that life is a solid substance, shaped like a globe,
which we turn about in our fingers. Let us pretend that we can make out a plain