Re: Bluetooth audio problem

On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 08:24:30AM -0500, Nicholas Geovanis wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 9:29 AM Mark Fletcher <mark27q1@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > So this turned out to be a weirdie -- if I dropped the "sudo" my
> > original command worked.
> > So now, suddenly from that update that started this thread, if I run the
> > pactl command as an unprivileged user, it works fine.
>

> Is it possible that you had previously started pulseaudio as root, and
> could no longer communicate with it as an unprivileged user?
> I ask this having been a pulseaudio victim myself sometimes.

Hmm, interesting idea, but the situation I was previously in pertained
over a period since Stretch became Stable until shortly before my
original mail in this thread (sometime in February if I recall
correctly). Over, naturally, multiple reboots.

For that period, I had to use sudo when issuing the pactl command (in
Jessie and previously, the pactl command wasn't necessary at all).

So I guess I could have had some sort of configuration which repeatedly
put me in that situation on every reboot, and the update that "created
the problem" actually fixed whatever *that* problem was... otherwise, no
I don't think so.

Thanks for the suggestion though

Mark