Re: Liveusb w/ persistent data

On Sun 31 Mar 2019 at 09:02:15 +0100, Paul Sutton wrote:

> Not sure if this is the right solution.  However when booting and
> installing from a flash disk, I get the option to install to either hdd
> or flash disk (as this device is detected),  I also get the choose where
> to install the boot loader.
>
> The same applies if I have 2 or more physical hard disks in a system, it
> will give me the option as to where to install.
>
> Would plugging in a 2nd flash disk and then installing to that work,
> then tell the bootloader to install to that device.
>
> Comments welcome on this.

That would work. What to install to the flash drive would depend on the
thought Joe B has put into what goes on the drive. Terminal only? A DE?
An archive? Hardware compatibility and portability are considerations.

"Liveusb w/ persistent data" doesn't appear to have the edge over this
method.

--
Brian.