Re: Laptop fails to suspend

Il 30/03/19 00:56, Sam Smith ha scritto:

I have an older Lenovo T520 laptop that I've ran Debian on for years and I have never had any issues with putting it to "sleep" or suspending when closing the lid. However after upgrading from stretch to Buster, suspend fails to work.

While researching a similar bug [1] on my EEEpc (similar in the sense that it affected suspend and manifested itself after upgrade), I recall seeing a few bugs that specifically mentioned Lenovo:
https://bugzilla.kernel.org/

So, first thing, have a look if the issue is already known and perhaps fixed upstream.

Next, try these guides:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingKernelSuspend
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Power_management/Suspend%20and%20hibernate

If you want to bisect kernel changes to find out exactly when it broke, just use the archives.[2]

Good luck :)

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=919227
[2] https://snapshot.debian.org/