Re: text editors

>>>>> "d" == deloptes  <deloptes@gmail.com> writes:

d> My personal choice is ne on debian. For everything else there are
d> decent editors with GUI. My preference is eclipse and kate ... but
d> it also doesn't matter. I simply can not find any logical or
d> practical argument learning or using emacs ... and I work with
d> linux servers on daily bases.

If your work comprises repetitive tasks that can be automated, then
Emacs can help you a lot.

If you have several, unrelated, small tasks, theni firing up vim and
then closing it may be a good choice.

The trick with Emacs is doing as much things you can with one istance,
avoding continual start and stops.

--
 /\           ___                                    Ubuntu: ancient
/___/\_|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____               African word

Warning: gnome-config-daemon considered more dangerous than GOTO