Re: text editors

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 07:51:53AM +0100, deloptes wrote:

[...]

> Anyway emacs is not bad for those who know it, but it is impractical because
> you have mostly vim installed, so learning vim is a must indeed.

Eating roquefort is impractical because you gotta drink wine anyway :-)

Look -- you can do both (I do). If you're looking for excuses to stay
away from Emacs: no need to, just do. But as little need to spread FUD
about Emacs. Yes, Emacs is a decent editor. No, you don't /have/ to
know Lisp to use it. Yes, if you do learn Lisp, you get powers few
other editors give you. Yes, Emacs is somewhat idiosincratic (as Vi(m)
is -- most powerful editors seem to be).

Cheers
-- t