Re: stretch install for amd64-9.8.0 problems.

On Wednesday 27 March 2019 17:12:55 Thomas Schmitt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i pointed to:
> > > https://wiki.debian.org/JigdoOnLive#If_needed.2C_work_around_a_sho
> > >rtcoming_of_older_jigdo-lite
>
> Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Makes perfect sense, thanks Thomas.
>
> But does it help ?
>
> Steve talks of not finding the packages, whereas i talk of not finding
> the .jigdo files (*). Please clarify which files exactly are reported
> by jigdo-lite as non-existing.
>
> Is your jigdo-lite old enough at all to suffer from the https
> blindness ? https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=865864
> was closed in december 2017 by release of program version 0.7.3-5.

And I have 7.3 on wheezy....  Are the torrents similarly crippled? Just
had a thought, the pi running my lathe has Jessie on it, but jigdo is
not in the raspian repos's. So I guess  I see if in can get the whole
netinstall image.  What a PITA...

> (*)
> .template is mainly a compressed ISO image with holes where packages
> were stored in the original ISO image.
> .jigdo is mainly a compressed list of pool paths of Debian packages.
> The packages sit in the pool trees of one or more Debian mirror
> servers.
>
> jigdo-lite downloads .jigdo and .template and then fills the holes of
> the template by downloading the packages from the mirrors.
> The https blindness bug 865864 affected only the .jigdo/.template
> download.
>

> Have a nice day :)
>
> Thomas

Cheers, Gene Heskett