Re: stretch install for amd64-9.8.0 problems.

Gene Heskett wrote:
>On Wednesday 27 March 2019 13:31:35 Steve McIntyre wrote:
>
>> In article <[🔎] 201903271310.25490.gheskett@shentel.net> you write:
>> >I pulled and burnt the netinstall, bad burn or bad checksum, but
>> > can't find the checksums for the netinstalls.
>>
>> They sit alongside the iso images - see
>>
>>   https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/release/9.8.0/amd64/iso-cd/
>>
>> >So I go back and get the DVD-1.jigdo.
>> >
>> >Now where do I find the template for DVD-1 of 9.8.0 for amd64?
>>
>> alongside the .jigdo file in
>>
>>   https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/release/9.8.0/amd64/jigdo-dvd/
>>
>> >All I can get out of jigdo-lite after giving it a US mirror address
>> > is a request for a non-US address as the files don't exist, and I've
>> > tried several sites now.
>> >
>> >debian.org's search doesn't find them either.  Whats the official
>> > story here? I can't get a verifiable netinstall, and jigdo can't
>> > find a file to download.
>>
>> jigdo-lite should fall back (eventually) to snapshot.debian.org and
>> find all its files there. Although for 9.8 (the current release!) all
>> the files should be on the normal mirrors already. Which files is it
>> not finding?
>
>It hasn't found any so far.

OK, that *is* odd. When it prompted you for a Debian mirror, what did
you tell it? Running locally here, trying both with my local mirror
and a well-known UK mirror (http://mirror.bytemark.co.uk/debian/)
things are working fine.

  Armed with "Valor": "Centurion" represents quality of Discipline,
  Honor, Integrity and Loyalty. Now you don't have to be a Caesar to
  concord the digital world while feeling safe and proud.