Re: need sources.list example for lan with approx-server

On 2019.03.27 07:12, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 11:01:38AM +1100, David wrote:
The important differences to be aware of are probably:
<snip>

Also:
 * apt removes the .deb files that it downloads, after installing them.
   apt-get leaves them in /var/cache/.  This is configurable, I think.

<snip>

And probably more that I'm not remembering or never encountered before
switching back to apt-*.

Interesting. But though I am keyboard-oriented, my preference is Synaptic, because I typically am searching for a particular feature in a package, and for this the package summaries presented by Synaptic save me time.