Re: text editors

On 2019-03-27, mick crane <mick.crane@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2019-03-26 15:48, Teemu Likonen wrote:
>> mick crane [2019-03-26 07:35:11Z] wrote:
>>
>>> there it is then, although I've so far managed to avoid Emacs since
>>> heard it is more of an operating system than an editor.
>>
>> There are those who know Emacs, and there are those who know decades
>> old
>> jokes about Emacs.
>
> Sorry if appeared disrespectful, avoided because seemed daunting. I have
> enough trouble working out what to type as well as how to type it.

Some men grow quite intimate with their text editor, and the thing is
right now she must be feeling insulted. Apparently, this middle-aged
lady's sensitive as hell and hasn't been out of the house in decades.
Careful, Mick, because the old hackers from way back she counts as
suitors like showing their teeth in a proprietary, protective reflex (if
they have any left).

Mind you, I'd give the dame a whirl myself (I'm currently stuck in a
rudimentary kind of liaison with Vim), but she wants eleven other
relations to move in with her!

--
“Let us again pretend that life is a solid substance, shaped like a globe,
which we turn about in our fingers. Let us pretend that we can make out a plain