Re: xorg opengl / intel integrated graphics problem

tim@t8w.de wrote:

> due to a graphics card change in a few days, which will allow me to
> properly use virtualization, I wanted to check a few things. First check,
> starting the pc without the current dedicated graphics card, failed really
> unexpectedly, because the integrated graphics card of my intel processor
> was not able to load my desktop environment. I did not use this integrated
> card since I assembled my pc, got everything running and installed a
> dedicated graphics card - maybe the Nvidia drivers broke something in the
> meanwhile.

I had similar issue once - I had to remove the nvidia drivers - AFAIR they
come with own OpenGL stuff

> Anyway, trying to fix this, I've found no used drivers for the card and a
> opengl error message in xorg.
>
> lspci output and xorg logs: https://t8w.de/log.txt
> (my private server, plain text, no logging, tracking nor anything else ;)
> )
>
> Installing, uninstalling, reinstalling several driver / mesa related
> packages did not help and neither did the handful of threads about the
> same or similar issues, so I'd really appreciate any help.

put together you problems are summerized in following

[     4.905] (EE) open /dev/dri/card0: No such file or directory
[     4.905] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for modesetting
[     4.905] (EE) open /dev/dri/card0: No such file or directory
[     4.905] (II) Loading sub module "fbdevhw"
[     4.905] (II) LoadModule: "fbdevhw"
[     4.905] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libfbdevhw.so
[     4.906] (II) Module fbdevhw: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[     4.906]    compiled for 1.19.2, module version = 0.0.2
[     4.906]    ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 23.0
[     4.906] (**) FBDEV(1): claimed PCI slot 0@0:2:0
[     4.906] (II) FBDEV(1): using default device
[     4.906] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for vesa
[     4.906] (EE) Screen 0 deleted because of no matching config section.

[     4.910] (II) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI2 capable
[     4.910] (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
[     4.935] (EE) AIGLX error: dlopen
of /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so failed
(/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so: undefined symbol:
_glapi_tls_Dispatch)
[     4.935] (EE) GLX: could not load software renderer
[     4.935] (II) GLX: no usable GL providers found for screen 0

First of all if you have a xorg.conf file - need to remove it (put aside)
dri.so is perhaps from the Nvidia - need to fix it - this is the AIGLX
(OpenGL) or Mesa that comes with NVidia.

I am writing from memory as I do not use NVidia or AMD cards anymore.

regards