Re: privoxy - which is the correct configuration?

	Hi.

On Sun, Mar 24, 2019 at 10:44:39AM +0100, Hans wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 24. März 2019, 10:19:59 CET schrieb Reco:
> > 	Hi.
> >

> Hi Reco,
>
> thanks for the fast response. Most of this I understood.
>
> > If you need to use Tor and you have a browser which supports SOCKS proxy
> > - then you need to use only Tor. Privoxy is redundant here.
>
> Did I understand you correctly? So, socks is the correct entry and if this
> works, I can safely remove privoxy, but I need privoxy, if I want to use a
> browser, which has no socks configuration option?

Yep. That's what I wrote.

> Ok, a new question: But, if I want someone give the opportunity, to go to the
> web with tor and I want to let him use my computer as a proxy, then he may use
> my privoxy on port 8118 and can use it?

As long as you permit it. Currently your Privoxy won't accept any
connections from outside of it's host.

> Simply let privoxy also listen to his IP, right? (of course only as a
> short solution).

Er, no. Forcing privoxy to listen someone else's IP won't do anyone any
good.
You should either specify *your* IP to listen, or use something like
this (which will listen on any interface):

listen-address 0.0.0.0:8118

I also suggest specifying these:

enable-remote-toggle  0
enable-remote-http-toggle  0
enable-edit-actions 0

You'll hardly need this someone else to modify your privoxy settings at
runtime, or bypassing Tor.

Reco