privoxy - which is the correct configuration?

Hi folks,

I want to use privoxy with tor. Reading the documentation of privoxy let me confuse. As the documentation is telling, the browser shall use 127.0.0.1 and port 8118 as proxy for http and ssl, the docu also is telling, that port 9050 (or 9150) by using tor shall also work.

In my config the related entries are active:

listen-address  localhost:8118

and

forward-socks5t    /     127.0.0.1:9050 .

When I look at the official tor-browser, then I find in its configuration, they do not use port http and ssl port 8118, but SOCKS port 9050.

In my browser, I checked with both configurations and both are working = using tor.

Now I am confused, I searched the web and the docus, but could not find a technical explanation, what is the technical difference and which configuration should I use, and why one is better/safer/whatever.

Can someone in short words point me to the correct entry? http:8118 or socks:9050?

Thanks for any hints.

Best

Hans