Re: systemd error

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/pipermail/debian-init-diversity/2019-March/thread.html
>     and you can see that good work is being done on sysvinit,
>     startpar, insserv and elogind.
>
> I don't know why this doesn't get more publicity.
>
> If you are having problems with systemd and they feel intractable,
> it's perfectly reasonable to go back to sysvinit, and it's only a little
> work to move to openrc and a moderate amount to use completely different
> init systems.
>
> -dsr-

Who seeks, he finds and I have actually installed:

ii  sysv-rc                                 2.88dsf-59.9
all          System-V-like runlevel change mechanism
ii  sysvinit-core                           2.88dsf-59.9
amd64        System-V-like init utilities
ii  sysvinit-utils                          2.88dsf-59.9
amd64        System-V-like utilities

and it works great. My problem with systemd is not that it is bad, but that
it was pushed too early to the public like KDE4 - many things not working
or not working properly and this upsets one like me that is used to
stability. I do not have the time or the will to deal with problems
suddenly popping up out of nowhere.
Looking at the background of systemd it makes sense especially for
desktop/notebook system or interdependant services. In fact my Sailfish
phone works great with systemd.

So the debian-init-diversity decision was the best and my respect goes to
the people behind it. It is great to have freedom of choice!

However I do not find my way through the link. I prefer

https://wiki.debian.org/Debate/initsystem/systemd

and the parent

https://wiki.debian.org/Debate/initsystem