Re: How to get a clean situation for nvidia drivers

On 12/03/2019 19:33, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 19:03:12 +0100
> Erwan David <erwan@rail.eu.org> wrote:
>
> Hello Erwan,
>
>> And what should I have done ? Install non working drivers ?
> You should have read the warning;  It tells which version of the legacy
> packages you need to install.

Yes it does, but once I have said I do not want to install the
nvidia-driver package, it then stops with the nvidia packages and
several other unrelated packages partially installed.

I would have understood, that it stopped, allowing me to do the other
upgrades, keeping the nvidia stuff (and what depends on it) at the
current version then have a look at the alternatives for the graphic
drivers. However, here I got a system in a dirty state, and no standard
way to get it clean (how can I say "Ok revert the partial installation
and keep the installed version" ?).

I installed the nvidia-legacy-39xx, but I do like doing things like that
in a hurry,