congratulations to grub-pc and other debian maintainers

It was really fun today.  I upgraded an older notebook that I had
previously retired.  Stretch 9.3 to current stretch (9.8?), no big deal,
right?

Well, the machine has a cloned installation on a new sdd with different
UUID and partition setup also, no big deal right?

Well, also I'm doing this at the laundromat, because it's a 200MB
operation and my bandwidth is 500MB a month, no big deal.  I like free
wifi, and I get about 1,200 Kb/s down there, not too shabby for an old
b43 54g device.

And the sun is shining finally, so and I'm in the parking lot... in my
truck... and Can barely see the screen...  but oh yeah also, the
old battery is at 41% capacity and wmacpi says it will probably die in
about 18 min.

So anyway, I get the download done in aptitude about 3 min, hit
disconnect, lay the notebook in the seat to let the machine finish the apt
stuff and back up out of the lot.  I'm thinking I can get down the road
and halfway home by the time all the initramfs and kernel and other stuff
is done.  It's an ssd so not worried about moving.  But I am thinking man
if the battery dies I'm probably going to have to reinstall...

3 min later (I am driving with one hand trying to up the lcd brighntness
so I can see) two or more prompts about grub and some issue, whatever hit
enter, ok another prompt, hit space, then enter, try not to hit another
vehicle.  Check the battery status, maybe 8 min left, wait and see the
'hit return or q to quit aptitude' prompt and close the lid...  haha this
is pretty weird.

Got back home with a nice greek salad and an updated notebook.  Everything
is cool, thanks.

L8r,
bw