Re: How to get a clean situation for nvidia drivers

--
Boyan Penkov
www.boyanpenkov.com

On Mar 13, 2019, at 07:55, Andrea Borgia <andrea@borgia.bo.it> wrote:

Yup, my bad: I assumed that the package still had a reason to be installed.
It might have been a mistake or a requirement of an earlier video card, the system is more than 10 yrs old and I am not sure anymore if the card is still the original one.

Hey folks — just a though on this: would it be worth filing a bug against nvidia-checker to have it tell you when you have a non-nvidia card installed, and should look at other drivers?

Thanks.

Il giorno mer 13 mar 2019 alle ore 12:47 Brad Rogers <brad@fineby.me.uk> ha scritto:
On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 12:27:51 +0100
Andrea Borgia <andrea@borgia.bo.it> wrote:

Hello Andrea,

>Perhaps a silly question but... how do I know whether my card is a

Maybe.....

>[AMD/ATI] RV370 [Radeon X300/X550/X1050 Series]

.....It's a Radeon card.  nVidia drivers are worthless to you.

--
 Regards  _
         / )           "The blindingly obvious is