Installing Debian on SSD

Dear Sir/Madam

First thanks for your time.

I have an Acer laptop (Aspire E1, x64, amd i7, ram 16, vga 2).

My base tasks are using virtual machines.

I use dual boot for Win10 & Debian 8.6 & the type of Bios boot is “Legacy”.

I gonna change my HDD to SSD & install just Debian 9.8 (so need at least two primary partitions).

My mainboard supports both legacy & uefi mode.

I know uefi mode just run on GPT not MBR.

Please consult,

Are you agree to install debian on uefi mode?

If yes,

Is it enough to change Bios type to “uefi” & then start installation?

Deeply thanks for your help.

Peyvand

{My system specification is:

System Model: Aspire E1-572PG - x64

BIOS Version/Date: Insyde Corp. V2.17, 02-Sep-14

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Mode now: Legacy}