Re: sucessor for denyhosts?

Hi Paul,

fail2ban is looking promising, and I have it already installed since years. It
is more expandable than sshguard, as it is checking more services than ssh.

Both are using the same techniques - both are checking logfiles and then change
firewall rules. I think, for me fail2ban is more interesting than sshguard.

I wonder, why denyhots is being deleted from the repo. Ok, there were security
issues in the past, but these are fixed now. And ok, it does not support IPV6,
but I think, most private users might not used it.

For the moment I will stay with denyhosts, but fail2ban is in the testing
pahase here.

And maybe others have more ideas, we will see.

Best

Hans