Re: Laptop still extremely slow after replacing msata ssd and putting old one back

Am Montag, 4. März 2019, 13:04:53 CET schrieb hdv@gmail:
Hi,

try to start with a livefile system, then check the ssd speed. Thus you see, if
the problem is by the operating system or by the hardware.

If it is same slow, then you know a hardware problem.

Check the BIOS configurations of the harddrive, mybe something has changed by
the ssd exchange.

If there is nothing obvious bad, try the ssd in another computer (with the
same livefile test) and see the results.

If this is better, you can also try to reflash the BIOS (in case, the BIOS has
trouble itself). Sometimes a mainboard needs a newer BIOS for newer hardware.
This depends on the manufacturer. Check his sites.

Last but not least, exchange the cables, maybe one makes trouble.

Hope this helps

Best

Hans