Re: prevent apt from downgrading packages

On 01.03.2019 15:07, Andrea Borgia wrote:

Il giorno ven 1 mar 2019 alle ore 10:46 Alexander V. Makartsev <avbetev@gmail.com> ha scritto:
On 01.03.2019 13:27, Felix Rubio wrote:
    I have mix stable+testing (~1200 packages from stable, ~20 packages from testing). I have the following contents in /etc/apt/preferences.d/pinning:
This is something you should not do in first place. [1]

I have a "testing" installation with "stable" as additional source, meaning that in my case the numbers would probably be reversed.
Is that still a no-no ?

Regards,
Andrea.

This is something you have to decide for yourself and deal with unforeseen consequences.
If you actually *build* packages from "stable" on "testing" system, using dependencies for building also from "testing" then it should be ok compatibility wise.
If you simply *install* packages from various sources and branches then you asking for trouble.

--
With kindest regards, Alexander.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org