Re: prevent apt from downgrading packages

On 01.03.2019 13:27, Felix Rubio wrote:
Hi all,

    I have mix stable+testing (~1200 packages from stable, ~20 packages from testing). I have the following contents in /etc/apt/preferences.d/pinning:

This is something you should not do in first place. [1]
The right and safe way to run stable branch and install packages from other branches (eg testing) is to make backports of them. [2] This is why debian-backports branch exists.
When doing it right way you won't need any pinning and if package you backported will hit stretch-backports branch and will be newer version it will be upgraded just as regular package.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/DontBreakDebian#Don.27t_make_a_FrankenDebian
[2] https://wiki.debian.org/SimpleBackportCreation
--
With kindest regards, Alexander.