Re: fake transparency urxvt fails

On 19-02-26 22:38, dekkzz78@gmail.com wrote:

> which version of compton are you using on each machine?

I don't use any compositor on any of the machines due to it being a
little too resource intensive for my taste. Maybe I misunderstood things
but according to
https://ctkarch.org/documentation/tutorials/tuto.php?page=urxvt-transpa.xml

    Urxvt offers two types of transparency for its background:

    - A "fake" transparency, that copies the wallpaper to the
      background of the terminal. (more exactly, the contents of Xorg's
      root window)
    - A "real" transparency, using the composite manager currently
      running (xcompmgr, dcompmgr, compiz...)

and I'm trying to get the "fake" transparency to work.

best regards
--
Jonas Hedman

PGP: 8F72 C5BE AAFA B4BA 8F46 9185 5C39 89E0 616B B08C