Re: advice sought for program with GUI

On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 10:10:03AM +0100, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,

[...]

> If there is already a program with full functionality but complicated
> user interface, then i'd consider Tcl/Tk for the graphical frontend.

Good point.

> Tcl is not the most comfortable programming language,

Hey! this is the first time I (mildly) have to disagree with you.
Once I got to grips that Tcl is a kind of "inside-out" Lisp
(or a flip-backwards-and-a-half-turn Forth), Tcl is up there
in my favorite bunch. But I must admit that I'm weird.

Especially with more modern Tcls, having won dictionaries and
namespaces (big programs tended to turn pretty unruly with
"classic" Tcl).

The only big caveats you learn with some pain is that Tcl's
extremely simple syntax has its price (among other things,
'{}' grouping "sees" through '#' comments, ouch!).

> but Tk is about the most easy GUI definition language that i know:

Yep. Can confirm this one.

> #!/usr/bin/wish

[...]

Thanks for the nice example :)