Re: Label multimeanings : doc bug?

Hello,

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 09:37:58AM +0300, Reco wrote:
> Running parted on a logical volume is definitely not the best of ideas.

As an aside, I do this all the time and it works fine.

The logical volumes are exported to virtual machines as their main disk,
so they may appear as /dev/vgname/lvname on the host which when
partitioned and presented to a guest will show as /dev/xvda{1,2,…}.

If I want to later manipulate the partition table from outside the
guest I may run parted on the /dev/vgname/lvname.

Similar is expected to work on disk image files.

Direct access in the host to the partitions on such a thing as block
devices can be enabled by using kpartx (or fiddling with offsets in
losetup, but life is too short!).

Cheers,
Andy