Re: dirmngr, can't live with it, can't live without it

On Tue, 2019-02-26 at 21:01 +0000, Tixy wrote:
> On Tue, 2019-02-26 at 15:21 -0500, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> > But more to the point, It's not an easy program to debug....
> >
> > Following man page, I created ~/.gnupg/dirmngr.conf and populated
> > it
> > with:
> >   verbose
> >   debug-level expert
> >   keyserver na.pool.sks-keyservers.net
> >   disable-ipv6
> >   disable-ldap
> >   log-file ~/dirmngr.log
> >   allow-ocsp
> >
> > and then I fired up Evolution and opened emails with gpg sigs, but
> > still no data in the file ~/dirmngr.log.  :-(
>
> I've no idea what dirmngr is, but have you tried specifying a proper
> path for 'log-file' rather than using a tilde (~)? Perhaps whatever
> parses dirmngr.conf doesn't treat a tilde as special like shells do.

dirmngr (Directory Manager?) is an agent produced by the GnuPGP folks
who also have something called gpg-agent.  Why one is called an agent
and the other a mngr (manager) is unknown to me.

The log file eventually started dumping some stuff.  Here it is for
those interested:  http://paste.debian.net/plainh/16c494c3

-Jim P.