Re: Swapping Drives - Sanity Check

Michael Stone composed on 2019-02-24 10:46 (UTC-0500):

> On Sat, Feb 23, 2019 at 05:37:06PM -0500, Felix Miata wrote:

>>Depends on context. In a fully automated context, UUIDs do indeed work great, when humans are
>>working with them, not so great. Most humans cannot remember 32 character or longer strings of
>>randomly generated characters for associating with devices or usage.

> Yeah, thankfully copy & paste is also a feature. :)

Sometimes the copy from location is accessible too. :)

I just cloned two logical partitions to and from the only HD in the system and used

	tune2fs -U random -L <label>

on the clones. No bootloader is installed on either source or clone partitions. X won't run
and gpm isn't installed. I want to adjust their fstabs now, and boot either subsequently
through a configfile menu entry on a filesystem that was neither source nor destination in
the cloning processes. What do I do next?

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/