Re: puzzled: debian 9.8 already?

Andrea wrote:
>Hi.
>
>apt-get just gave me this warning:
>N: Il repository "http://cdn-fastly.deb.debian.org/debian stretch
>Release" ha modificato il valore "Version" da "9.7" a "9.8"
>(In Italian, that is "value for version changed from 9.7 to 9.8")
>
>Given that 9.7 was just released (I checked the website), is it just
>part of a normal preparation for the next point release or what else?
>I have a mixed stable / testing setup.

This weekend's point release had been planned for a long time, and was
originally going to be called 9.7. But then due to the major security
fix needed for apt [1] and the new installation media etc. also
needed, we decided to publish a minimal 9.7 release out of sequence
with just that change. What was going to be 9.7 became 9.8 instead.

[1] https://www.debian.org/security/2019/dsa-4371

  Armed with "Valor": "Centurion" represents quality of Discipline,
  Honor, Integrity and Loyalty. Now you don't have to be a Caesar to
  concord the digital world while feeling safe and proud.