Re: Application running over Debian and GPL

Sileno de Oliveira Brito writes:
> If i develop a application (in c or php) and install on Debian (GPL
> license) and distribuite this solution (my app + debian) how a
> appliance (both installed in a hardware) and sell this appliance
> (harware + debian + my app). The my app is necessarily a app GPL and i
> need provide the source code to my client> or i can keep my app
> proprietary and not provide the source code from my app?

This is similar to an embedded system that uses the Linux kernel, init,
some utilities, busy box, and a closed-source application.  There are
lots of those around. The application is not a derivative of any of the
GPL stuff.
--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com