Re: Partition information as text file?

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 08:30:13AM -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:

> I assume "fsck.dos" is a typo as
> [https://dyn.manpages.debian.org/jump?suite=stretch&binarypkg=dosfstools&section=8&language=en&q=fsck.dos]
>     yields
> "Sorry, the manpage “fsck.dos” was not found!"

You have the manpages on your box, hopefully. Try "man -k fsck", and you'll get:

  tomas@trotzki:~$ man -k fsck
  dosfsck (8)          - check and repair MS-DOS filesystems
  e2fsck (8)           - check a Linux ext2/ext3/ext4 file system
  e2fsck.conf (5)      - Configuration file for e2fsck
  exfatfsck (8)        - check an exFAT file system
  fsck (8)             - check and repair a Linux filesystem
  fsck.cramfs (8)      - fsck compressed ROM file system
  fsck.exfat (8)       - check an exFAT file system
  fsck.ext2 (8)        - check a Linux ext2/ext3/ext4 file system
  fsck.ext3 (8)        - check a Linux ext2/ext3/ext4 file system
  fsck.ext4 (8)        - check a Linux ext2/ext3/ext4 file system
  fsck.fat (8)         - check and repair MS-DOS filesystems
  fsck.hfs (8)         - HFS file system consistency check
  fsck.hfsplus (8)     - HFS file system consistency check
  fsck.minix (8)       - check consistency of Minix filesystem
  fsck.msdos (8)       - check and repair MS-DOS filesystems
  fsck.nfs (8)         - Dummy fsck.nfs script that always returns success.
  fsck.vfat (8)        - check and repair MS-DOS filesystems
  git-fsck (1)         - Verifies the connectivity and validity of the objects in the database
  git-fsck-objects (1) - Verifies the connectivity and validity of the objects in the database
  hpfsck (1)           - check integrity of an HFS+ volume

So I'd try fsck.fat or similar (/if/ it has to be fat, that is)

> Thanks for trying.

That's how we advance, after all :)

> What bugs me is Gparted [though it does not output text]  reports
> used/unused space on each partition/file system.

I can't grok this one: shouldn't gparted report on it? Or you don't
expect the free space to be there?

Cheers
-- t