Re: kernel parallel builds?

Il 14/01/19 16:48, Andrea Borgia ha scritto:

I am sort of bound to using the packaged kernel source, since I wanted to minimize the changes (applying only *ONE* known debugging patch) and also get a nice deb to install on the laptop.

Replying to self so that it might belp others:

* the CONCURRENCY_LEVEL variable is indeed specific to make-kpkg: if you're not using that, it won't help

* to influence the debian/rules file, the proper way is to set DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS, like so: DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=parallel=4 fakeroot debian/rules clean binary

Incidentally, I like this second method best because it is not kernel-specific: it works with any package which supports this variable. (source: https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-source.html#debian-rules-and-deb-build-options)

Regards,
Andrea.