Re: Debian stretch crashes on Lenovo T410s *often*

> swapped it into was running the last stable rock solid for years.
>
> I am kind of lost. I cannot reproduce it at will. I know it is not the
> xserver, I know it is not the hardware, I know it is not the memory.

Usually/often/ideally a hard crash like you describe can only be caused
by either a hardware failure or a kernel bug.

I'd suggest you try to try kernels from oldstable and/or from testing
(the kernels from `testing` will work just fine with your `stable`
system, and IIRC the kernels from `oldstable` should also work fine).

        Stefan