Re: backintime

Hello,

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 08:07:02PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 January 2019 17:15:48 Andy Smith wrote:
> > For bonus points investigate ways to back up the config files of
> > your whole computer.
>
> I hate to spoil your attempt at levity, but amanda is doing that every
> night, to the whole, now 5 machine local network. For around 20 years
> now.  Do I get the bunus poinrs anyway? ;-)

No, as it didn't work for whatever you were editing that you made a
mess of.

I meant that it can be very useful to apply the same version control
ideas that you would use for your own documents, projects and code,
to the configuration of your system.

Cheers,
Andy

> The optimum programming team size is 1.
Has Jurassic Park taught us nothing?     — pfilandr