Re: Command line mounting all partitions of pluggable device

On 01/14/2019 02:18 PM, David Wright wrote:
On Mon 14 Jan 2019 at 10:20:51 (-0600), Richard Owlett wrote:
On 01/14/2019 09:22 AM, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
Assuming there are entries in fstab for each partition, [...]
for i in  /dev/sd<device_letter>*;  do  mount $i; done

Rchard Owlett wrote:
There are not.

In the most general case i would have a where-to-mount directory with
lots of directories for the various partitions (here 10 drives with
20 partitions each).

But thankfully I don't have to deal with the most general case as I am
as compulsive about giving all partitions a reasonably unique label as
Debian is about assigning UUIDs.

"Reasonably unique" doesn't really cut it.

For my current 2.2TB, the labels seem acceptably unique:
MainCdrive my-big-dvd fromdell richardofdell debversionricharProjects F_drive OldMachine fullstretch debian8.6 recover-common
tomboy-testing owlcommon new-net-inst good-fvwm tst_mysql tst_mariadb dummy target gddrescued_commo jessie8-6-6 common stretch-2nd 17oct2017 common-bak backup_homedirs myhome dectest scratch_pad FreeAgentGoFlexDrive windows GOFLEXPART5 recovered mate-full post-failure MISC-backups