(solved) Re: is it possible to use wheezy CD to rescue stretch

i remove problem stretch disk to another pc also running stretch
and let it boot problem stretch (after reconfig grub)
and fix problem stretch with grub-install

Thank Pascal and songbird anyway!

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 2:19 PM, Pascal Hambourg <pascal@plouf.fr.eu.org> wrote:

Le 10/01/2019 à 01:21, Long Wind a écrit :

> Thanks, i browse Help of wheezy CD, i don't know what rescue it can do
> its advanced option allows you to specify boot option before boot,vmlinuz, initrd, root=/dev/sda2 ...
> (my stretch is installed at sda2)
> but initrd on CD is intended for install, not for my purpose

The rescue mode will ask you to select the root filesystem and start a
shell on it (with chroot). You can also start a shell in the installer
(initramfs).