Re: is it possible to use wheezy CD to rescue stretch

Thanks, i browse Help of wheezy CD, i don't know what rescue it can do

its advanced option allows you to specify boot option before boot,
vmlinuz, initrd, root=/dev/sda2 ...

(my stretch is installed at sda2)

but initrd on CD is intended for install, not for my purpose

no luck, i may have to find other way

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 8:01 AM, Pascal Hambourg <pascal@plouf.fr.eu.org> wrote:

Le 09/01/2019 à 23:26, Long Wind a écrit :

> i have wheezy CD, it has rescue option, is it possible to use it to boot stretch?

Not always. Wheezy's kernel and e2fsprogs tools do not support newer
ext4 features such as csum_metadata which are enabled by default on ext4
filesystems created by Stretch's tools.