Re: Taming the "lsblk" command

On 2019-01-09 14:14, David Wright wrote:
On 2019-01-09, rhkramer@gmail.com <rhkramer@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 09, 2019 03:01:42 AM Richard Hector wrote:
>> On 9/01/19 6:04 PM, Jude DaShiell wrote:
>> > lsblk -l -o name,label | sort | script
>>
>> lsblk -ln -o name,label |sort | <script>
>
> I'm not the OP, but I very much like the way you put script in angle brackets
> to show that is a parameter (mcow) and not a literal value!!

I'll see that affection for mundane angle brackets and raise you the
annoyance of not having received the vaguest clue as to what might be
found literally inside them (the pertinent part, at the very least).

I don't think the OP told us what the script was, but just that they
want to pipe the output into "a script". Using angle brackets from the
start (or knowing that script itself is a program) would have avoided
the mess in the other subthread.

Cheers,
David.

/usr/bin/script looks like it might be handy sometime ( didn't know about that )
there's a line in the answers to clean up the output.
https://superuser.com/questions/236930/how-to-clean-up-output-of-linux-script-command

mick

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31