Re: Odd Emacs behavior in Message mode with auto-fill-mode

* On 2019 04 Jan 19:48 -0600, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> I use Emacs as my editor for neomutt.  I use a custom init file to
> start a new Emacs session in the terminal regardless if Emacs is
> running already.  Since the upgrade to Emacs 26.1, auto-fill-mode
> appears to be broken.  No longer does it automatically break the
> lines when I am typing and when I press M-Q, it wraps the lines but
> indents the second and subsequent lines like this.
>
> Even worse, it no longer wraps the lines that are quoted in the
> email message with M-Q by prepending them with the quote character.
> Instead I get a single quoted line and the rest are indented
> unquoted.
>
> Do I need to go back to using Vim?

It looks like I resolved my "issue" after switching to "Mail" mode
from "Message" mode and doing a bit of adjustment to my init file.
Fill mode is at least working again.

Carry on.

- Nate

Web: http://www.n0nb.us  GPG key: D55A8819  GitHub: N0NB