Re: Upgrade Problem

Andy Smith composed on 2019-01-04 08:57 (UTC):
 > Several people have now suggested saving space in a bits of the
> filesystem that Stephen has on dedicated partitions, so this is not
> helpful.

> This partitioning scheme seems really odd and unwieldy.

Indeed. Considering the absence of a sysadmin, absence of 2 possible primary partitions on sda, and
the absence of sda6, it makes me wonder what output from fdisk -l /dev/sda and fstab look like, and
whether the upgrade included any partitioning changes that account for a lot of what's been left
behind on /. IOW, what's behind the partitioning that exists, not just what it is that's causing the
huge consumption on /. Maybe time would be better spent on a repartitioning and reinstallation than
digging for causes.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/