Re: Why choose Debian on server

On 1/3/19 5:55 AM, Reco wrote:

	Hi.

On Wed, Jan 02, 2019 at 02:56:41PM -0500, Miles Fidelman wrote:
some of the recent politics, has made me far less comfortable that Debian will remain a stable platform - and I'm seriously considering migrating to either Gentoo or a BSD platform.
LOL, you've made my day, sir. It's hardly wise to consider FreeBSD as a
shelter from 'political issues' - [1], [2], and that's the only alive
BSD these days.

Except for NetBSD, OpenBSD, DragonflyBSD, and, of course, OSX.

As to the political issues - looks like a reasonable, and detailed policy AND PROCEDURES to me - not like the kangaroo court in the Debian world.  And then there was all the bullshit about how systemd was handled - including resignations of core developers over it.

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra