Re: Advice on mailing list software -- special requirements

On 2018-10-30 19:23, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 03:03:05PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
As a long term, 20 years or so, use of an isp who used qmail, by djb, I was rather put off by its instant acceptance of what was patently spam, and finally switching because the place was sold and I lost that account

qmail is great, but the qmail-smtpd that comes with it is not.  Any
serious qmail admin in 2018 has to understand that, and replace it with
something else.  There are a few drop-in replacements for it, but sadly
qmail is dying out.  I think many of the former qmail admins have
migrated to postfix.

I'm currently using qmail + qpsmtpd. Setting up qpsmtpd is several times
harder than setting up qmail.

Handling incoming mail is just *hard*.

polishes glasses and rereads previous mail.

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31