Re: i386 version for chrome

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Saturday, October 27, 2018 8:29 AM, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:

> On Saturday 27 October 2018 11:03:56 Matthew Crews wrote:
>
> > Correct me if I'm wrong, but Wheezy is no longer supported, and Jessie
> > is barely supported. Except as a curiosity, why would you want to use
> > a web browser on Wheezy these days?
>
> Because its main application (LinuxCNC) is married to a 32 bit install,
> wheezy ATM.

Gotcha, I suspected it was something like that.

I personally wouldn't connect such a device to the internet unless I had to, or if I had firewalls configured correctly. But I'm going to assume you know what you're doing in that regard :)

I would prepare for the inevitable time when a Chromium-based web browser simply becomes unsupported on i386.

Also I was incorrect about Wheezy support. It still has commercial Extended LTS support for another seven months. https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Extended
Looks like the LinuxCNC folks will need to plan on migrating to a later version of Debian soon.