Re: The big, the bloated and the hungry

Good Day Thakur,

15.09.2018, 11:16, "Étienne Mollier" <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>:
> Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> on 2018-09-15T10:04 CEST:
> > On Saturday 15 September 2018 02:40:14 Erik Christiansen wrote:
> > > Kdon't kget kme kstarted kon KDE.
> >
> > Thats why I run TDE.
>
> If you wish software that sucks less, you might wish to
> consider building your own :
>
> 	https://suckless.org
>
> That's what I do for some time now, on top of Debian Sid.
> :-)

Le 2018-09-15 10:51, Thakur Mahashaya a écrit :
Hi, everybody...
this only on Debian Sid ?

Well, there are a few packages available in Debian Stable for a
few versions:

	- dwm,
	- stterm, (called this way as it formerly conflicted
	  with a tape reading program called "st", I believe)
	- surf,
	- suckless-tools.

But if you were wishing to configure them, even a tiny bit, you
would have to rebuild them from source anyway, as they configure
through a C header file "config.h".  You should be able to build
these tools on any GNU/Linux distribution as long as they are
able to provide the build dependencies.

So, not only on Sid to answer your question.  :-)

Kind Regards,
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>