Re: Sound in Stretch [SOLVED]

On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 09:12:33 +0100
Joe <joe@jretrading.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 08:36:20 +0200
> deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >  Then I looked
> > at /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf file. I noticed the following at
> > end of file.
> >
> >     # Keep snd-usb-audio from beeing loaded as first soundcard
> >     options snd-usb-audio index=-2

I would guess that this is also a default somewhere else, maybe
hardcoded, because I don't have it but do have the problem.

> > I just caught the culprit. Basically these external USB sound
> > adapters are used as secondary audio device, the above setting
> > prohibits USB sound adapter being set as default device. In my case,
> > it is a primary audio device, so I set it’s index as 0 as shown
> > below.
> >
> >     # Keep snd-usb-audio from beeing loaded as first soundcard
> >     options snd-usb-audio index=0

> Well done, thank you for your time and effort.

OK, nothing in /etc/modprobe.d (this was a clean minimal installation)
so I made a file, put in that line and rebooted.

All OK now, speaker-test and alsamixer are working, I'll get around to

I presume this is a minor bug, a USB card really should not be forced
not to be card 0 if there is no other candidate.

--
Joe