Re: Sound in Stretch

Joe wrote:

> Is there conceivably an issue in Stretch of having USB sound but no
> on-board sound? Is that causing the boot process not to build the sound
> infrastructure properly? There is a spare PCIe slot, but it's tiny, and
> I'm not sure I can get a cheap card that will physically fit.

I do not think it is required to have any audio device. Your use case should
work, but it might be a kernel/driver issue - don't have time to check now,
but you can check if the device is supported in the kernel you have now.

then it should work when plugged in (udev etc).

many things changes since wheezy

regards