Re: Debian on new hardware: ASUS UX430U notebook PC

	Hi.

On Thu, Jun 07, 2018 at 07:18:47PM +0200, Toby Young wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I have successfully installed debian (buster) on my ASUS UX430U and have
> been using it for around one month without any severe problems. There are
> however, some minor issues, that I would like to share with the community.
> (This notebook does not appear on debian's supported hardware list and can
> be - almost everything works out of the box after some minor tweaks!).
>
> Question: Is this information wanted?

Yet, definitely. The more hardware end up at [1] - the better.

> If so, how do I proceed to add this
> information to the debian "supported hardware" set?

Register an account at [1]. Create your own page. Fill the gory details
in. Please mention the need of non-free firmware/out-of-tree kernel
modules if applicable.

> How do I maintain this
> information as possible fixes to some minor problems are found?

Previous part pretty much covers it.

Reco

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/it/InstallingDebianOn