Install stretch problem......

	Hello Everyone

	On an Acer Aspire 5720 installed Debian Stretch on
	formatted hard drive, native Debian, no other operating system.

The only thing I have done different which I have never done
previously, is have only partitioned the hard drive with a root [/]
partition, a swap partition and a /home partition.

In other installs have /usr - /var as separate partitions as well.

Everything works well for the first few boots, then fails, this the last
message on the screen:

[31.689075] 0000:00:02.0: fb0 inteldtmfb buffer device

Have installed twice and stops at the same point. Can't be forced on
from there.

The "intel" part might be a clue?

I have installed without doing anything with eufi or whatever, and also
forcing GRUB to make it's own eufi path.

No joy.

Any thoughts and help would be appreciated to attempt at the next
install.

TIA
Charlie

--
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	Sometimes I lie awake at night, and ask, "Where have I gone
	wrong?" Then a voice says to me, "This is going to take more
	than one night." - Charlie Brown

	Debian GNU/Linux - Magic indeed.